Friday 14 June 2013

Friday photo

Each Friday I will post a photo along with a little story behind it.
Today's photo appeared in the April edition of Delicious Dolls magazine.
Another (more tame!) pic from the shoot appeared in the Western Australian Department of Transport Bikewest News.

Aye Candy
Photo by Whiskey and Rye Photography

Getting a bike was an extension of my love of vintage. Thanks to a friend and Frocks on Bikes - Perth, I discovered that it was possible to ride a bike in something other than lycra! When I bought my bike I decided to get something beautiful as well as functional, and me and my bike will be appearing in an international pinup magazine in the near future!

It was a bit daunting getting back on a bike, but with the support of Jillian and other like-minded people, I did it! I enjoy attending bike events and have found that cycling people are very welcoming. The Great River Ride was a pleasant event and it was great to see all the kids out there, and even some people in costumes not taking themselves too seriously! I find that you can see a lot more of your environment when on a bike as opposed to rushing around everywhere in a car.


Bikewest News

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...