Thursday 11 July 2013

Stretching

We all know how important stretching is for your body, but what about your mind? When was the last time you got out of your comfort zone and tried something new?

It can be daunting to start something new, especially if you are used to being the expert in your field, but there are also a lot of rewards. You will probably meet some new people and you may even be surprised how friendly and helpful they will be. You might think others will laugh at you when you are a beginner, but many people who have a passion for what they do love to share it with others. You can also get a fantastic sense of achievement when you finally master something you thought you never could.

Last year I took some lessons in hula hooping. Now, I'll never be a performer or anything, but it is fun, and it was absolutely awesome when I managed to master a trick which at the start seemed impossible! (Let's face it, at the VERY beginning, it was even awesome once I was able to keep the hoop up for more than a few seconds!!)


Last year I also started doing pinup modelling. It was a bit scary to start with to put myself out there, but then I got my first pictures published, and haven't looked back since. I get a lot of support and positive feedback on my page from my wonderful followers.

Whiskey and Rye publications 2013

As part of setting up our own photography studio I decided that I would like to do hair and makeup. I'd had a bit of experience doing makeup before, but not at this level. So, I did my research, took courses in these areas and learnt a lot. At times it was frustrating, but sticking with it really paid off!
Miss Ivana B Serious. Hair and makeup by me!


So, what am I doing next? How am I stretching myself now? Well, I'm currently working with my personal trainer to master handstands and chin ups, and I'm seeing improvements all the time. I've also started pole dance lessons and there are lots of challenges to master there. I'll keep you updated and hopefully have some photos soon. In the meantime, I recommend allowing yourself to be a beginner at something. Try something new, you may not like it, but if you don't give it a try you'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...